Re-Entry Permit

1. Contrary to the popular belief, green card or permanent residence approval in the U.S. does not always confer the eligibility to live and work permanently in the U.S., even  if the green card resident has lived in  the U.S. for most of his/her life. This is because:

a) Green card or permanent residence status can be revoked or abandoned (internationally or inadvertently).

b) Green card holders or permanent residents who have committed certain crime may be deportable.


2. If a green card holder or permanent resident have plans to be away from the U.S. for extended periods of time or frequently, (s)he may be eligible to apply for  a  re-entry permit.

3. A re-entry permit serves to preserve his/her green card status in the sense that the U.S. immigration authority may not rely solely on his/her extended or frequent absences from the U.S. as an abandonment of the green card status.

4. All Rights Reserved.



“Aik Wan's work is very thorough and she pays a tremendous attention to detail ensuring you the best and fastest outcome for your immigration trial. I have used her services twice; once to obtain an H1-B visa and once for my greencard application. Both times she was able to convince the US immigration department to give me my documents way sooner then is average. My greencard case was fully approved in even less then 4 weeks. I can't wait to use her services for my naturalization.”
Paul Hakimpour - 4 Feb 2011


| + -